Special Educational Needs
Special Educational Needs
We try to meet the individual needs of all children and take special care with children who are having difficulties in learning. We fully comply with the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice. Individual assessments are carried out and special educational programmes are planned when required.
At Rainow Primary School we endeavour to:
- Make sure that a child with SEND receives the support they need.
- Ensure that children and young people with SEND engage in the activities of the school alongside pupils who do not have SEND.
- Ensure all staff are responsible for SEND provision and are trained sufficiently to understand the needs of all children in their class.
- Inform parents when we are making special educational provision for a child.
- Have high expectations of children with SEND with regards to their personal progress.
- Ensure pupils with SEND are supported in school and have access to help from relevant outside agencies and proffessionals.
School SEND Policy and School SEND Information Report
Please click on the relevant button below to download our SEND Policy and Information Report.
From September 2014, we are obliged to publish a local offer detailing the nature of SEND provision at our school. Please click on the button at the bottom of the page to download our SEND local offer.
Please click here for the local authority offer.
School Accessibility Plan
Click here for our School Accessibility Plan.
Our SENDCO is Nicola Daley
Nicola Daley is a Specialist Dyslexia Teacher. She has been a Special Educational Needs corodinator for the past ten years.
If you would like further information about special educational needs at Rainow please email Nicola at: email@example.com
Useful Links for Parents
There are a number of sources of further information, help and advice available for parents of children with Special Educational needs.
Please ask for help in school by speaking to Nicola Daley or by following the links below:
Cheshire East Information Advice and Support offer a range of confidential services to parents of pupils with Special Educational Needs in Cheshire East:
Cheshire East Parents and Carers Voice is a group of parents, carers and professionals who aim to enable parents' views and experiences to improve services and outcomes for our children and young people.
Space4Autism are an Autism support group who offer support and advice as well as training and activity sessions for children and their families.
Contact a Family are a national organisation providing comprehensive support and advice about a wealth of isses surrounding special eduactional needs.
The Children and Families Bill has now become an act of parliament and can be seen here:
We are now in the second year of the new framework.
A summary of the main provision set out in the bill can be found here:
Ipsea offer free legal advice to parents regarding local authority commitment to SEN - they have some useful articles relating to the proposed changes