We are in the process of recruiting brand new Digital Leaders.
What is a 'Digital Leader'?
A Digital Leader is a pupil who is part of a Digital Leaders Team within a school, whose role it is to support the use and to further the development of ICT in school.
Interested children will need to apply for the position and interviews will be held before appointing Digital Leaders from Years 4, 5 and 6. The team will then meet regularly at Computing Club.
Pupils are then given training and support to develop specific areas of ICT expertise. Once a pupil gains an area of expertise, staff may then request the use of the Digital Leader for a variety of different roles.
Typically, things that may be performed by a Digital Leader could be:
- Test and review new ICT resources, which could be websites, software or hardware.
- Share their skills and expertise with other pupils, classes and teachers.
- Set up ICT equipment in classrooms for teachers.
- Attend and lead Computing Clubs.
- Support teachers in using ICT in the classroom.
- Blog or Tweet as the School Journalist or Photographer.
- Staff Trainers.
- Create how-to video help guides.
We are looking for somebody who:
- is in Y4, Y5 or Y6
- loves technology and is good at using it
- is able to work independently and is a co-operative team player
- can help others learn
- is enthusiastic
- is patient
- is honest, trustworthy and reliable
What will you gain in return?
- Take part in Computing Club
- Get even better at using ICT
- Have the opportunity to teach others
- Share ideas and influence the future of computing at Rainow School
- Trial and evaluate new equipment
- Have fun!
How do I apply?
- Collect and fill in an application form from Mrs Eddie
- Hand back to Mrs Eddie by 3.30pm on Friday 10th February
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to a short interview
- If selected, you will be given more information on your new role